Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lovely Rita

They say your not supposed to show favoritism with kids.  

I just can't help it 

& Ian can't either.  




It's just that Rita is the best lap goat we've ever had. She is our earliest convert to the "friendly goat" category, and we are quite pleased with our new compadre. Our fearless little friend of humans has fast become our favorite --- for better or worse.

Rita, circus goat.


It's true, she was our first kid of 2012.  Big sister to Tiny Smalls.  

Tiny Smalls got his name because he was so very tiny and small compared to Rita when he was born (not to mention his affinity for hip-hop music). 

Sibling sweetness.


As depicted in the family portrait below, Rita has a very hearty appetite.  One name consideration for her was Food Hog.  She didn't think it was very flattering, even though I told her that, "A healthy goat needs to be a food hog in order to stay healthy".  It's Survival 101. 

Family portrait.


In the end, Rita just stuck.  Some names are perfect, and then there others that just can be undone, and yet others that'll hafftado.  In my book, Rita is just perfect --- my naming skills at their best*.

  
Healthy, happy, lovely Rita.


*I could write a whole other post on all the names that might fall into my "worst" category.  Let's just say we have a few sorry goats with names which Ian begrudgingly likens to the Seven Dwarves of Snow White.  


2 comments:

  1. Ruth!
    You should professionally blog; you are amazing!!
    At everything you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me smile and laugh with your story of Rita and naming goats! I miss you. Please keep writing as I often forget that I have cool blogs to read and then read them ever 3 months or so. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete